Academia.edu is a for-profit American social networking website for academics. The platform can be used to share papers, monitor their impact, and follow the research in a particular field. Academia.edu was founded by Richard Price. Today, we will guide you to create Academia.edu Account.
Watch Video Tutorial:
How to create Academia.edu Account 2018
- Go to the web browser like “Google Chrome”, “Mozilla Firefox” and enter the “academia. Edu” in the search bar.
- Now you will enter their site and you can see you can create your account using google and facebook.
- If you don’t have a google and facebook account you can sign up from your email address.
- Now enter your first name and last name. Let the first name be “table” and last name be “honey”.
- Enter your valid email address such as “email@example.com”.
- Enter your password. Password should be combinations of uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers and special keys so that it cannot be accessed by the third party.
- Now click to “sign up” and your account will be created. If you click “sign up” it also means that you have agreed to their terms.
- After that select your current position. It has 5 positions “faculty member”, “graduate student”, “I’m not a researcher” and “Undergraduate” and “other”.Now you select one of the positions according to your current position.
- In the “other” options you will further get “post-doc”, “adjunct”, “emerita or emeritus” and “independent researcher” and you can click one according to your need.
- If you have authored a paper then click “yes” otherwise say “no”
- Now you can upload your files in it. If you want to skip you can skip it.
- You can follow your friends on facebook and google. If you want to skip it you can click the skip.
- You can choose your account the free one or the premium one. For now, choose the free one.
- Now the account has been successfully created.
These are the process on how to create an Academia.edu Account 2018.
If you want to know how to delete or deactivate your Academia.edu Account, follow this tutorial video: